Last Monday night, Ben's parents made it possible for us to "get away" overnight to celebrate our anniversary. Part of the "package" included them keeping Shayla for us. This was Mommy and Baby's first time to be separated overnight, and boy, was hard to leave my little girl. However, Ben and I really enjoyed our time together . . . shopping, eating out, ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery (yummy!), and a beautiful executive hotel suite. Lots of fun and very relaxing! Shayla made out just great without her mommy (definitely harder on me than on her) and she had lots of fun with Papa and Grandma Blowers! Here are some pictures of our "good-bye" and Shayla enjoying her time with Grandma B! Thanks again so much, Mom and Dad!
Fun times with Grammy!

4 comments:
Awe, so sweet! I remember the first time I was gone from Brianna overnight. I thought I wouldn't make it, but it was nice to be by ourselves. (Something that never happens out here :( Actually my Mom is planning to come and stay for a while this summer, but it's to watch Brianna while I'm in the hospital! Maybe I'll go late and we'll have a chance to sneak away! Looks like Shayla had lots of fun. Happy Belated Anniversary!
Thanks for letting us have her. We had so much fun!!!
Mom
aweee.... Shayla is just such a happy, smiley girl from your pics I see!! How sweet!
That little getaway sounds like a bribe for the grandparents to have lots of fun spoiling their grandbaby! I'm glad you guys had fun though. I have to admit, Magnus have NEVER even been left with any babysitter other than Joe for a few hours! I would miss him too much! Then again, there AREN'T any babysitters around here, so that may have a little something to do with it! =) That's cute that Shayla calls outside "side". Magnus calls it "outs". Hee hee!
Post a Comment