Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for an Update!!

I see it's been almost two months since my last post (how awful!) . . . obviously blogging hasn't been high on my list of priorities. I have a ton of pictures to post since lots has been happening, so I'll mainly post captions and go light on the commentary. And, since this blog tends to center around Shayla and what's happening in her life, you'll find most of the pictures have to do with her. (She's the center of our lives so I guess that explains why she's the star of the blog.)

Time with Family & Friends
We've been blessed to recently have Ben's brother and family move to our area as well as another family that has three children. We've enjoyed being closer to family and Shayla's circle of friends has increased. One evening Ben and I took all of the kids and let the parents have an evening out. We had our hands full but it was fun!

Also, in the last couple of months we've been able to get together twice with my parents and Scot, Amber, and Allison--once at my parents house and then last weekend everyone was at our house. Lots of fun--time just goes too fast when we're all together!





Vacation to Smokey Mountains, Tennesee
We were able to take a few days and vacation with Ben's parents in the Gatlinburg, TN area. We had nice weather, beautiful cabin, and a fun, relaxing time!


Miscellaneous Pics


3 comments:

Melanie C. said...

I absolutely love the picture of the kissing cousins - they are so cute together!

Unknown said...

Well it's about time for a change!!!(JUST KIDDING!!!) That is exactly why I HAVEN'T joined the world of blogging. Then again, maybe if I ever decide to do it, I will be comforted to know that not EVERYONE, especially my best friend, makes updates everyday, week, month, or year. Oh, I guess that last one is wrong!(LOL) Mine would probably be the months and year!
The pictures are really cute! I really like the ones of you all in TN. It looks like it was really pretty when you all were there! Brentin had to point to Shayla in about every picture!
Did you forget about any of the real exciting "news" in Shayla's life lately? We miss you all!

danaeyoung said...

Nice pictures! Shayla is so adorable! Her and Kathryn look alike! Also that pic of her and Kathryn kissin'- how cute!
Kids sure are a wonderful addition to your lives aren't they? We are enjoying our little Carlin that God has blessed us with! He is wonderful!
Well have a good day, all for now!
Danae